Half Way Through


"Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." Luke 18:16

Wow I cant believe it is the half way mark of me being in Uganda! These definitely have been the best weeks of the year so far and some of the best weeks of my life! God is truly faithful and I know that God has definitely placed me here for such a time as this😊 Just thinking about going back home brings me to tears, so I'm going to try to stay in the present time lol

So much has transpired over this last month and a half and the biggest impact for me is seeing how the children have developed.

One girl that Baby Watoto rescued about 2 weeks ago was very shy and didnt say anything or smile when she came. I always would talk to her and try to interact with her but she would just stare at me. Well this week I saw her and she was laughing, having fun and interacting with the other children. She definitely remembers me because every time she sees me now she comes right over, smiles and laughs. Another little boy came in looking like one of the children that you see on the commercials. He looked like he was a few months old but when he opened his mouth he had a full set of teeth. (I found out that he is almost 2). He was so fragile and his skin was very loose. He wasn't even eating at first. Now he is getting stronger, eating all his food and is gaining healthy weight everyday. 

And then the 19 children who were rescued a few weeks ago were all dedicated back to the Lord yesterday at church. I was afforded the opportunity to bring up a baby to be dedicated back to the Lord and also became his Godmother😊 I could go deep but simply put no matter if these children's parents didn't want them or couldn't manage to take care of them, they were all birthed with a God ordained purpose!! Their story begins now and I am so humbled to be able to pour Christ into them and show them/tell them that God loves them and created them! I know God is going to use each one of them to do great things for His Kingdom and impact the lives of so many and the nation of Uganda👐🏽Glory be to God; He turned it!

God has a purpose and a plan to everything and I thank God that everyday He is showing me more and more of who I am and who He is. Who knew that a year ago I would be in Uganda. All I knew is that God had more for my life and I had to step out of my comfort zone to receive it. I had no idea what was on the other side but today just proved again that I am exactly where God has ordained me and I am so glad I took that leap!! I am a vessel for God and am a vital key to these children's foundation.  

I also love that we get to take them to church every Sunday and they get to experience worship, the Word, people being baptized and what communion is!

These are just a few of the big successes I see in the Children but I could go on for days. Baby Watoto and all that Watoto Church is doing has truly changed so many lives including mine.

Until next time! Peace and ❤️

My Godson😍

Jasmine Jackson 
Isaiah 6:8







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blind Faith