Dreams Fulfilled (What a difference a year makes, when completely put in God's Hands)
I can truly say coming to Uganda has been one of the best decisions I have made thus far in life! God is sooooo good! I am having the time of my life! I am so glad I listened to that still small voice, left everything behind and went to where I was called. So much has been revealed, I have grown tremendously and God is continuing to show me His plans for me. Now I know exactly what I want to do but I'll share that at a later time. Just please pray that God will open the door that He wants me to walk through when I return back to America.
Just a few updates of what's been going on since my last post:
On Thursday the 17th we (the volunteers) had the pleasure of taking the big toddlers on a field trip to the zoo with the nannies! To see the animals from their point of view was simply miraculous! I had 2 girls that I was in charge of and they were absolutely the best. They were so calm and collective and they really enjoyed all the animals. So pleased that Watoto gives the children these opportunities to escape from their normal routine and experience different activities.
Then on that Saturday I went back to the zoo with 3 other volunteers and did the "behind the scenes tour". That was the best experience ever!!! Also, I overcame a fear because I am not fond of animals at all. At 1st I was apprehensive and taken a back when feeding the elephant and especially when the giraffe came up on the side of my head when I was trying to take a selfie but by the time we got to the cheetah I had no fear. I squatted down and petted it like it was a dog lol It was such an amazing time feeding the elephant, lions, giraffes and chimps and petting the rhinos and cheetah!
This past week I spent 5 days in Gulu at the second Baby Home that Watoto has. It is about a 5 hour drive north of Kampala. The ride was very fast and we went over a bridge that passed a beautiful section of the Nile River but pictures weren't allowed. I spent my 3 full days (7am-5:30pm) with the newborns to 3 month olds. I absolutely love the lil babies there. They were so precious and AMAZING! There were 8 of them, 2 sets of twins and only 1 nanny so she was definitely appreciative that there were 2 volunteers helping out. Cuddling them, praying over them and singing to them was the best! Gulu was a nice town but so glad to be back in the city even though I miss the babies already lol
Today I went with 5 other volunteers to a Cultural Dinner Show. It was over 3 hours of Ugandan and surrounding countries culture display. It was full of story telling, singing, dancing and since tonight was family night the mc's grandchildren were there and they had like 3 cakes for their birthdays that they were celebrating. There was a full buffet that was excellent and my favorite part was the huge wooden drums that these men carried on their head and played. It was truly an amazing authentic experience!
God just blows my mind because this time last year I was in tears and very unhappy because I just ended the best 7 months of my job doing a rotation and was so disappointed that no doors were opening even though I tried so hard. I dreaded going back to my old job because after that experience I knew there was something out there that I was called to do. So glad that I sought Gods face and His Will for my life because if I would've listened to some people around me I would've still been stuck at a desk doing a job that was not fulfilling just to make money and pay the bills. So glad I listened to God instead because I am fully satisfied right now, overjoyed, loving changing lives with some amazing other volunteers and God is supplying all of my needs as promised and I am lacking nothing🎉👐🏽
God has and is still aligning everything about this experience. His promise to do "exceedingly, abundantly, above all" still stands true. I am a witness because this is more than I could've ever imagined! If you are just living the same routine and feel like that is all life can offer or know that there is more I challenge/encourage you to seek God, step out of your comfort zone and do something that scares you. Fully trust God and His Word because it's already done😁You won't regret it, your life will never be the same and your testimony will change the lives of many when you move in obedience!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
1 Corinthians 2:9
Until next time! Peace and ❤️
Jasmine Jackson
Isaiah 6:8

Jasmine I am so proud of you, and so honored to be your mother. God is doing miraculous things in your life to benefit so many and impact the kingdom of God. We serve such an awesome God who cares about each of us even down to the smallest detail.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you about the next phase of your life. I am praying that God will continue to open doors for you as you continue to walk upright before Him, and he will not withhold any good thing from you. (Psalms 84:11)
Continue to listen to God, and be led by him. As you remain faithful to Him, he will remain faithful to you and will give you the desires of your heart.
Love you soooooo much/ a whole muchine