Changes and Pictures
Well another week has passed and I am still loving Uganda! These last 2 weeks have been a nonstop exciting journey; with work and exploring this beautiful country of Uganda!
Over the past week there have been quite a few changes. I will list them below then share a few pictures of my journey so far. S/N: There will be no pictures of the babies yet because I have to get them approved first before I can post them.
- So I finally moved to my permanent room in the wing that they have exclusively for the volunteers. I still have my own room but I really enjoy it now because I am right next to the common area where everybody congregates but still can get away and chill. This new room is smaller but it is brighter and cozier. So it feels more like a bedroom than a dungeon lol Plus I was able to unpack and set out items that reminded me of home. Oh I did spot a small lizard on my ceiling one night. Guess that was my welcome present💁🏽
- Our supervisor at the Baby Home came back from Holiday in the middle of the week and we finally had our orientation. It was so powerful! She is definitely a lady of wisdom and great character. She reminded us that we are not here just to be here but God has a purpose and plan for us being here but it's up to us to seek Him and ask Him to reveal it to us daily. Then we found out that we will now be working 5 days a week instead of 4 but we get home earlier which is a plus! I am excited to spend more days with the babies😁
- Yesterday I changed classrooms at the Baby Home. I am no longer with the toddlers!! Lol I am now with the class that they call "Tigers". These babies are around a year old. I am absolutely loving it so far😍 They are so much calmer and are not all over the place. I can actually wear shoes with shoelaces and pants with pockets without lil people trying to untie my laces and open the pockets and take out what is inside!! One of the nannies has taken me under her wings and I am enjoying learning from her and love the 4 babies that she is raising. Yesterday wqe went to the pool and today we went to the gym. It is amazing all that Watoto is doing for these precious babies.
- God blessed me to meet and hang out with 3 new friends but yesterday they moved 6 hours north to the other Baby Home in Gulu. The need was there because there were no volunteers and they felt called to go. It was a bittersweet moment but we did so many things and made so many lasting memories in the past week and a half! I am definitely grateful and I know God is going to use them mightily in Gulu! I know God has a purpose and a plan for everything and Kampala is where God wants me right now. I am excited to continue to seek God more and get more involved in all that Watoto is doing.
While the Wifi is a little strong here are a couple of pictures of my journey so far. The rest are on Facebook:
Sunset cruise on the Nile!!
Spent time at the Gem Foundation. Emma, in the middle, the founder is only 24 years old and started this foundation for special needs children 3 years ago. She is amazing, inspiring and has such a sweet spirit. We also celebrated the 4th of July with her and her family and had a bonfire! For more information on the Gem Foundation here are some links: http://www.thegemfoundation.com/ and @TheGemFoundationUganda

Middle section of Baby Home. The home is so beautiful

Middle section of Baby Home. The home is so beautiful
Spectacular view at the Baby home. Didn't realize how green Uganda is. This will never get old!

Thank you for following me on this faith journey and for your continued prayers. Love you all😀
Until next time! Peace and ❤️
Jasmine Jackson
Isaiah 6:8
Well I guess the wifi isn't as strong as I thought lol Pictures are on Facebook.
ReplyDeletethanks for your post, really superb and learn-able information shared here
ReplyDelete