"Listen, Trust and Obey"


“A person's heart plans his way, but the LORD determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9

I absolutely loved everything about Australia; the people, the weather, the beautiful mountains/trails and my life in Australia was truly amazing!! Since November of 2019 my plan was to extend my time in Australia to stay for the Hillsong Conference in July. I was so adamant about staying and told everybody who would listen!! Then the first week in February came… and God instructed me to go back home and even gave me a specific date to leave, March 11th.

I am not gonna lie I was so confused and very sad because it didn’t make any sense at all to leave, even though I was seeing how God was bringing this season to an end. After a few days of fasting, praying and crying, I ultimately died to my will and accepted what I heard. I had to trust that God knew what He was doing. So, still not 100% certain why I was leaving, I booked my ticket back home but I am so glad I did!! Literally I got back into NY at 7am on March 12th and by 5pm the NBA games were suspended, Broadway was closed and everything was starting to shutdown, including borders. And I just found out this week that the Hillsong Conference is postponed until 2021. MIND BLOWN!! 

I am still amazed and in awe because when I felt God leading me to go home in February, it wasn’t a global pandemic. It wasn’t even a pandemic. It was just a virus that was going around in 1 specific country.

I also remember when I went to Asia for 2 weeks last year in the middle of my time in Australia, people were like “You should’ve waited until the end of your Visa” BUT GOD knew and once again He gave me the dates to go to Asia and that was the best 2 weeks!! (That’s a whole separate post) One lesson I learned this past year (of many) is that it is so much better to listen to God and obey Him then people (even those who truly love you and have good intentions) because God knows our end from beginning and truly directs our steps for our good, if we let Him.

I’m like WOW, how kind of God for seeing me, thinking of me and loving me to plan and direct my steps. I never would’ve imagined that we would be in a Global pandemic 🙏but God knew and His ways are truly higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). He has already been where we are going and He has our best interest in mind when we just see what is right in front of us. Obedience to God’s instruction and dying to my will kept me from so much.

I’ve come to realize that we can listen all day to somebody but if we don't trust them there is a slim chance that we will obey what they say. The best way to trust somebody is to know them (relationship), test their character and remember their track record. So I just wanted to encourage people to seek God, listen, trust and obey God's leading, especially in this time when there are fewer distractions. It definitely takes time and I definitely don’t always get it right but God does speak, He cares, He sees what we cannot, knows what is best and ALWAYS comes through!!

Just like God sent me to Australia, I know He sent me back home for a reason. I am not 100% sure what it is yet but I am definitely blessed and thankful to have this time to rest, refill and spend time with my wonderful family before God sends me to my next assignment.  


I cannot make this stuff up, God is real and He speaks!! Will you listen, trust and obey Him?

Peace and ❤️ 

Jasmine Jackson 

Isaiah 6:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blind Faith