Power of Prayer

This past Sunday God blessed me to gain another Godchild!! This time it is a sweet little girl who turned 1 today! She just arrived at Watoto a little over 2 weeks ago and the first time I saw her I knew there was a special connection between us but she definitely did not feel the same way lol She instantly cried when I touched her arm or even came close to her. 

When I found out that I was going to be a Godmother again, I was ecstatic and humbled. Especially when I found out that it was going to be this sweet little girl that I was drawn to the first day I met her. Knowing that she is so new, very sensitive and never had been to church, I had no idea what was going to happen. So I went to see my Goddaughter on that Wednesday and she was not having it. She screamed the entire time that I was holding her. So I prayed. 

I saw her on Friday and at first she cried but she eventually let me hold her and when I put her down she looked up at me and gave me a big smile๐Ÿ˜ That made my whole entire life and my heart was so full. I thanked God for that peace and continued to pray that she stayed the same way for church on Sunday.

Well church and child dedications came around and I am pleased to say that she was perfect๐Ÿ˜ She didn't cry, she was laughing, talking, moving her body to the music, clapping, drank her bottle and fell asleep in my arms. 

Even though this is my second time dedicating a child back to the Lord this time I was so emotional. Maybe it was because we laid hands on them and prayed for them individually and collectively. Or maybe it was because I have seen first hand how these children come in not smiling, not walking, malnourished, etc. and within a month or 2 at the Watoto Baby Home they are crawling, plump, smiling and laughing. Or maybe because they gave a testimony of one of the babies who is 16 months but when she came to Watoto in May at 1 she was very malnourished and looked like only a few months old. They didn't think she would walk and her skin looked like it was burnt. Now she is walking, smiling and her skin is very healthy. It's amazes me what Love, the correct treatment and prayer can do!

Or maybe it was because this same little girl that was screaming her head off when I held her 4 days ago was now holding me tight and had her head nestled in my chest as the Pastor spoke and blessed them. I think maybe this whole entire experience just hit me; that I am in Uganda and God is faithful to His Word. What I heard Him say was and is unfolding right before my eyes. I have no idea why the tears were just flowing, but one thing I do know is that God is amazing and I will never doubt the power of prayer ever again!!

My heart is so full right now and this experience has truly changed my entire life. Not even sure if it can be described in words but God is truly amazing๐Ÿ˜Š  Even though I was feeling a little burned out last week moments like this make it all worth it. I look at the pictures I have taken and I see so much "Joy" in my smile. Thankful that God opened this door and that He chose me and more importantly that I decided to let everything go to follow Him. 

This entire experience just reminds me everyday that God still hears and answers prayers and that miracles still take place!

Until next time! Peace and ❤️

Jasmine Jackson 

Isaiah 6:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blind Faith